Make a Pattern to Cut the Velostat Sheets
- Hold the hat open and push the paper into the hat. Push the paper against the inside and top of the hat. A newspaper will do.
- Take the hat with the paper in it and put it over your head. The paper should be just above your ears and flush with the front and the back of the helmet. Pull the hat and the paper down over your head. Make sure the paper and the hat are secure against your head.
- Remove the hat and the paper, taking care to keep the paper with the hat.
- Use a marking pen or grease pencil and draw a line on the paper where it meets the hat.
- Remove the paper from the hat and cut along the line you just made.
The paper shape is the pattern from which you will cut the 8 pieces of Velostat. (12 pieces if you use 4 mils thick Velostat.)